Trust Your Case to a Red Light Accident Attorney
Each year thousands of drivers and passengers are injured and hundreds die in red light car accidents. There are several reasons why a driver may run a red light, including recklessness, speeding, and impatience. These accidents can result in serious injuries and damages, impacting the lives of both victims and their families. As a red light accident attorney, Mr. Kerry Steigerwalt can prove driver negligence and help you collect the compensation you deserve. If you or someone you love is suffering as a result of an accident, contact our San Diego, CA, firm today.
Our attorneys at San Diego Injury Lawyer can use our extensive resources to help clients collect due compensation for damages.
Most Common Causes of Red Light Accidents
There are several variables that may contribute to a red light accident. Some of the most frequent causes include:
- Rushing to make a light: Often, drivers will speed through an intersection to make it through before the light turns red. This can result in a "t-bone" or "broadside" accident, in which the front of one vehicle collides with the side of another.
- Recklessness: If an individual is driving erratically or disobeying traffic laws, they may cause an accident.
- Cell phone use: Drivers who are distracted are more likely to be involved in an accident, as they are unable to respond as quickly to changes on the road.
- Impatience: A driver waiting for a green light may take off prior to it turning, which can lead to a collision with an individual already in the intersection.
- Weather: Conditions such as ice, snow, and rain can make it difficult to break quickly and properly. This can result in cars sliding into the middle of an intersection.
If you or your loved one has sustained a serious injury because of a red light accident, you may be eligible for reparations. Our team can review your case in detail to determine the best course of action.
Securing Compensation for Your Injuries
Red light accidents can result in extensive injuries that require ongoing medical care, rehabilitation, and therapy. The financial burden of such injuries is increased when the victim cannot return to work because of temporary or permanent disability. With a qualified attorney by your side, you can collect compensation for:
- Medical expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Current and future lost wages
- Diminished earning capacity
- Loss of consortium, or companionship
If your loved one suffered a fatality due to a negligent driver, our team can aggressively fight for justice on their behalf.
THE IMPORTANCE OF SEEKING LEGAL REPRESENTATION
In order to secure maximum compensation, it must be demonstrated that a driver was negligent, or at fault. To do this, we must take into account the location of both cars at the time of impact, the physical and mental state of each driver, any injuries sustained, and property damage. We can compile evidence from eyewitnesses, video surveillance, medical documentation, and police reports in order to build a strong case. In addition, our team can negotiate with insurance adjusters on your behalf to ensure your legal rights are met. Together, we can hold liable parties accountable for their actions.
Set up a Consultation Today
Our attorneys at San Diego Injury Lawyer can use our extensive resources to help clients collect due compensation for damages. To discuss the details of your case during a free consultation, please send us a message, or call (619) 272-4028.