A Mass Tort Attorney Specializing in Defective Drugs and Medical Devices
If you or a loved one has been injured by a defective drug or medical device, an effective mass tort attorney in San Diego, CA, can help protect your legal rights and recover the compensation to which you are entitled. These types of cases are often complex and difficult to navigate without the assistance of an experienced professional. Our law firm has been helping personal injury victims for over 30 years, and our lead trial attorney is routinely recognized by his peers as one of the finest trial lawyers in the country. To schedule a complimentary consultation with our legal team, please contact our office today.
Featured Areas of Litigation
Our legal team is currently investigating injury claims in several different lawsuits involving dangerous drugs and defective medical devices:
- Bair Hugger Surgical Warming Blankets - These devices use forced air and a specialized blanket to maintain a patient's body temperature during surgical procedures. However, research has shown that these systems may be increasing the incidence of deep joint infections in patients who underwent arthroscopic surgery.
- Invokana® - Many patients have been prescribed Invokana® as an effective treatment for diabetes. Unfortunately, this medication has been connected to heart attacks, strokes, kidney failure, and ketoacidosis, a condition in which dangerous levels of acid accumulate in the bloodstream.
- IVC Filters - This device is placed in the inferior vena cava (IVC) in blood clot patients who are at risk for pulmonary embolisms. The filter is designed to catch blood clots and allow them to dissipate before reaching the lungs, heart, or brain, where they can cause severe damage. However, allegations of design flaws, as well as suppressing evidence in connection with dangerous complications from the devices, have led many to file claims against the manufacturer.
- Xarelto® - This medication is a blood thinner that is commonly prescribed for patients who are at risk of developing dangerous blood clots. Many have experienced uncontrolled bleeding events while taking the medication, and there have been thousands of adverse events reported, including three times as many deaths when compared to similar drugs.
- Zofran - Zofran is a prescription nausea medication that was originally formulated for use in chemotherapy and radiation patients. The manufacturer of the drug has aggressively marketed its off-label use of controlling morning sickness in pregnant women. However, studies have shown an increased risk of congenital birth defects among women who took the medication during the first trimester of pregnancy.
- Onglyza® - This diabetes medication and other drugs with the same active ingredient, such as Kombiglyze XR®, have been linked to several adverse side effects, including cardiac events and pancreatic conditions. A wrongful death claim was filed in 2015 after a patient passed away while taking the medication.
- Actos® - Patients taking Actos®, another diabetes medication, have shown an increased incidence of developing bladder cancer while taking the drug. Additionally, Actos® has been connected to congestive heart failure, kidney failure, bone fractures, and blindness.
Contact Our Office
If you would like to learn more about cases involving defective medications and medical devices, or set up a free case evaluation, please contact our office to speak with a respected attorney.