A Car Accidents Lawyer Can Recover Many Types of Damages
Car accidents can have lasting, far-reaching consequences. A serious incident can affect your long-term health and mental wellness. You could suffer catastrophic injuries that keep you from working and enjoying your favorite activities. Your loved ones could also suffer greatly, since your accident could affect your family dynamic and personal interactions. Of course, you may also be under significant financial stress, as you deal with lost wages and medical costs. A car accidents lawyer at our San Diego, CA, firm can help you obtain several types of damages.
In addition to reimbursement of medical expenses and lost wages, you may be able to collect compensation for vehicle damage, personal property damage, and car rental.
The Lasting Effects of a Car Accident
A car accident can cause many types of injuries, including:
- Broken bones
- Spinal damage, such as paralysis
- Traumatic brain injury
- Loss of a limb
- Eye injury and vision loss
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
These injuries can permanently put you out of work. They could also keep you from caring for your family. In the case of catastrophic damage, you could even require assistance with daily living or round-the-clock medical care.
Our lawyers have decades of experience with car accidents and other personal injury claims. They are committed to helping you obtain the full amount of compensation you deserve.
Personal Injury Damages after a Car Accident
Our lawyers have decades of experience with car accidents and other personal injury claims. They are committed to helping you obtain the full amount of compensation you deserve. Your damages could include one or more of the following.
- Medical expenses: A car accident lawsuit can help cover all of your medical costs. Your immediate fees could include ambulance transportation, hospitalization, surgery, and doctors' bills. A lawsuit can also help you recover money for ongoing medical treatment. You could require physical therapy, counseling, and other types of assistance for years. Additionally, your injuries could require future surgeries or other treatments. Our lawyers will work with your treatment team to estimate your total costs over time.
- Loss of wages: If you suffer a serious injury, you could be out of work for days, months, or even years. In severe cases, you may not be able to return to work at all, or you might need to find a new way to make a living. Your attorney may be able to recover money for you and for your dependents. The court will consider your specific career, age, and skill level to determine the full amount this at you deserve.
- Pain and suffering: “Pain and suffering” refers to psychological and mental distress following an accident. It is hard to quantify such hardship financially. Many times, courts will use a per diem system, assigning a financial value to each day of your duress.
- Loss of consortium: If your spouse is unable to engage in sexual activities or have children following a car accident, you may be able to recover money for loss of consortium. The court could also award damages for loss of companionship and support.
Property Damage Claims after a Car Accident
Of course, along with bodily injury, a car accident can also cause serious harm to your vehicle. Frequently, with a car accident case, you can acquire money to cover damage to your car. All too often, insurance companies will try to settle a claim for much less than you deserve. Additionally, you may have related expenses that insurance refuses to cover. These expenditures could include the cost of a rental car and transportation from the scene. An accident could also damage car accessories or property inside your vehicle. Our lawyers can help you obtain just compensation for these damages, even if you have not sustained any medical injuries.
Learn More about Car Accident Damages
When you choose San Diego Injury Lawyer, we will conduct a complete investigation and calculate all of your expenses. We will even take your mental pain and suffering into account. With our representation, you can focus on getting your life back together, as we work to restore your financial security. Contact our firm to find out the damages to which you may be entitled.